Re: [yast-devel] y2makeall --clean
  • From: Stanislav Visnovsky <visnov@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 13:15:42 +0200
Dňa Thursday 04 September 2008 12:44:09 Stefan Hundhammer ste napísal:
On Donnerstag, 4. September 2008, Stanislav Visnovsky wrote:
I've added a new option to y2makeall script to invoke 'make clean' before
building. This is quite helpful if you did not recompile whole subversion
for quite some time.

Usage: 'y2tool y2makeall --clean'

Patch for trunk yast2-devtools attached. Please, review and commit if
useful.

Hm - I just thought

y2tool y2makeall clean

does just the same thing, but not quite: This would go through all
directories once and do "make -f Makefile.cvs && make clean". You would
then call

y2tool y2makeall --fast

and go through all directories once more to actually build and install
(--fast to save one more "make -f Makefile.cvs" everywhere, which does
"autoreconf" and "configure").

This new "y2makeall --clean" goes through all directories once, does "make
-f Makefile.cvs && make clean && make && sudo make install", right?

Yes. That's the difference. OTOH your steps might result in the same, so it
might be useless. For me, it was just convenience after I've discovered that
some YaST modules do not build because of leftover debris.

Stano