Re: [yast-devel] use ALog::Item
  • From: Martin Vidner <mvidner@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 17:41:49 +0200
On Wed, Aug 06, 2008 at 04:57:13PM +0200, Michael Andres wrote:
On Wed, Aug 06, Martin Vidner wrote:
ALog::Item("/etc/ntp.conf: added 'server ntp.example.org'")
ALog::Item("enabled /etd/init.d/ntp")
ALog::Item("started /etd/init.d/ntp")

ALog::CommitPopup()
will lead to ALog::Note("set up ntp from local server")

Isn't this what the loglevel 6 (E_USR) was intended for? An absract of
changes done to the system which is also loged into a separate file.

Yes.

The basic requirement is simple: better logging. Naturally the
design is simple too: a function for the better logging. (I put it
into a namespace to make room for its brother, a commit message from
the admin.) E_USR and analogically y2user(fmt, ...) seems to imply
the constraints shared by the other logging functions: the same log
file, the same format...

I forgot to mention that I assume it will use a different log file
(and additionally use y2log too probably) so that people do not have
to call grep to make sense of it.

(E_USR is in
http://svn.opensuse.org/svn/zypp/trunk/libzypp/zypp/base/Logger.h )
--