Re: [yast-devel] yast style guide final comments and release date
  • From: Jiří Suchomel <jsuchome@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 14:48:42 +0200
On pá 1. srpna 2008, Martin Schmidkunz wrote:
Hi everybody,

the draft of the YaST style guide is quite ready to be released!

So please take a look at it and comment, if there is anything you would
like to add to it or what you would change:

http://en.opensuse.org/YaST/Research/YaST_Style_Guide/Draft

Looking forward to your comments!

(First, sorry I am sending second mail and didn't merge my comments into one.)

At some places style guide requires some style without an explanation, which
is strange when the requirement is not a trivial case:

"Show a summary of information to the user. Please try to avoid them."
"Avoid summaries if possible."

Why? I believe there are reasons to avoid them, but please describe why they
are bad.

"Questions
Do not use "Yes" and "No" as the only answer possibilities."

Again: why? Here I don't even see a sense in such a strict requirement.

Jiri

--
Jiri Suchomel

Lihovarská 1060/12 tel: +420 284 028 960