Re: [yast-devel] DBus/PolicyKit support in Yast in openSUSE-11.1-Alpha1
  • From: Stefan Schubert <schubi@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2008 11:30:10 +0200
Jiri Srain schrieb:
Dne Thursday 31 of July 2008 13:05:16 Stefan Schubert napsal(a):
Martin Vidner schrieb:
Would this be possible? It would increase the acceptance of the API.
Are there other options ?
I fear otherwise no one ( with the exception of YaST) would be able to
use the SCR via DBUS.
Correct. IMO we should simplify the interface and remove the
YCP specific types, for example by
replacing
SCR::Write(.someini.crash_interval, nil)
by
SCR::Execute(.someini.crash_interval, "remove")
That would be great. Please inform me(us) when you intent to change
the interface.
Meanwhile I will try to write a WebService-Server in Ruby which use the
SCR interface.
I would like to have a demo server (.e.g. for system time setting).

Hi Stefan!

You may have a look at the workshop result, which also uses SCR in order to set timezone.

Just for inspiration if it helps... It's in the YaST SVN in the research branch.
Yes, it helps very much. Thank you !
Jiri

Stefan Schubert
SUSE LINUX GmbH - Maxfeldstrasse 5 - D-90409 Nuernberg, Germany
e-mail: schubi@xxxxxxx