[yast-devel] Changes in yast2-ldap-server
  • From: Ralf Haferkamp <rhafer@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 16:21:32 +0200
Hi,

as you might have noticed I just committed quite some changes to the
ldap-server module in trunk. This is the result of the work I have been
doing recently in a local git (git-svn) tree.
The changes are an almost complete redesign of the ldap-server agent,
YaST-API and parts of the GUI (more to come). I needed to do that to
make yast2-ldap-server support a new configuration mechanism of
OpenLDAP that allows the server to be mananged completely via LDAP (as
a result of that, no restarts are needed and config changes are
effective immediately).
I am not completely done with the changes yet, but the module is now in
a state that it can be built again as an RPM and it creates a valid
running OpenLDAP configuration (most of the times ;) ). Some things
however do not yet work.

The biggest missing/broken thing is the YaPI interface that some other
YaST Modules (samba, mail, dns and dhcp) use to access the OpenLDAP
configuration (add Schema, change Database-Indexes). I hope to have
that fixed or offer a different way to access the functionality really
soon now and will keep you updated in case that some changes are
required in those modules.

Other non working things are:
- AutoYaST support
- Some of the options offered in the GUI don't hit the configuration
database yet
- Documentation is lacking
- Some feature available in the old module might currently be missing.
- The module itself has still quite a lot of rough edges

--
regards,
Ralf

PS: Sorry for the big amount of commit traffic but I wanted to keep the
history intact (using git-svn dcommit).