Re: [yast-devel] YaST web user interface -- QxtWeb Module
  • From: Stanislav Visnovsky <visnov@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 09:19:07 +0200
Dňa Wednesday 25 June 2008 17:55:20 Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett ste napísal:
Lukas Ocilka wrote:
Hi,

Maybe a stupid question ;) but could we reuse the code we actually
have for Qt user interface and link it with 'QxtWeb Module'?

http://docs.libqxt.org/group__QxtWeb.html

QxtWeb provides tools for creating event-driven web services using Qt.

The general usage pattern is as follows:

* Create a QxtAbstractWebSessionManager object, such as
QxtHttpSessionManager, for each protocol that can interface to the
service.
* If using QxtHttpSessionManager, select a connector plugin, such as
QxtHttpServerConnector.
* Register a QxtAbstractWebService factory. The factory is invoked
each time a new session is created and returns a service object
for that session. QxtWebServiceDirectory allows you to register
multiple services and selects between them based on the path.
* Invoke QxtAbstractWebSessionManager::start() to begin accepting
connections.

Could any Qt guru review that, please :)?

Thx
Lukas

At a first glance, that module is to create web services (call them) or
expose Qt program methods as services, but they are not web UI related.

Yes, that's my impression as well. But, the Web services are handled as Qt
events, so it might be much easier to integrate this with the rest of YaST as
we already know how to get Qt event loop and YaST work together.

The widget parts is still left for implementation, but this is true for most
of the frameworks (except for Wt and a few others, like the Spacewalk Perl
engine).

Stano