Re: [yast-devel] YaST Workshop 2008
  • From: Lukas Ocilka <lukas.ocilka@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 11:03:43 +0200
Stefan Hundhammer wrote:
On Friday 20 June 2008 15:29, Lukas Ocilka wrote:
I also saw some requirements from external developers to download a PDF
version of our documentation in the past

You mean: Some die-hard IBM engineers who learned their trade back in the late sixties and who are used to *printed* documentation that is measured in shelf meters? ;-)

Now you're hurting others feelings :) There must be a reason for having PDF version. What about taking that printed document with you on a holiday? Do you have any better idea what to do during weekends off-line that reading some monster document :) aha?

Frankly, I wouldn't know what format would be even less useful than PDF for this kind of documentation (just think about hyperlinks etc.). Well, WordStar 2000 maybe. ;-)

PDF can handle hyperlinks, but not the printed one, of course.

L.

< Previous Next >