Re: [yast-devel] YaST Workshop 2008
  • From: Stefan Hundhammer <sh@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 15:17:26 +0200
On Friday 20 June 2008 13:53, Lukas Ocilka wrote:
A new project has been added:
"Make Building YaST Documentation Easier (Better)"
@see http://en.opensuse.org/YaST/Research

It's actually not only about building the documentation

...good so far. Because that aspect would only affect one single person, so
it's not really something worthwhile for all YaST2 hackers to do. Even
though, of course, that one person would probably see that differently. ;-)

but also about the documentation in general.

Well, yes. But I don't see a problem in the form in which the documentation is
available (web page, Wiki or PDF - who really cares?), but in the stuff that
_is_ documented. The last time I was seriously searching some documtation I
found that ~70% of all documentation is the UI documentation that I once
wrote, while other aspects are still largely undocumented (YCP built-ins or
SCR comes to mind).

But is that something we can fix in a couple of days worth of workshop?

CU
--
Stefan Hundhammer <sh@xxxxxxx> Penguin by conviction.
YaST2 Development