Re: [yast-devel] SLP? (SuSEFirewall Module Extensions)
  • From: Martin Vidner <mvidner@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 15:01:37 +0200
On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 01:56:48PM +0200, Lukas Ocilka wrote:
Lukas Ocilka wrote:
Moin,

I'd like to create another SuSEFirewall* YCP module containing these
special functions but on the other hand I don't want to create just
another module because of one function. Are there any other requests for
such SuSEFirewall functions?

As expected, nobody is really interested in having such firewall YCP module
(which doesn't make me sad because I don't have to code it :)!)

Er, is SLP still relevant? Isn't everybody using DNS-SD anyway?
If the latter, how does it work with firewalls?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeroconf#Service_discovery

--
Martin Vidner, YaST developer
http://en.opensuse.org/User:Mvidner