Re: [yast-devel] Pkg::SourceFinishAll() - new sematics in 11.1
  • From: Lukas Ocilka <lukas.ocilka@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 12:55:19 +0200
Ladislav Slezak wrote:

Hi all,

I have changed semantics of Pkg::SourceFinishAll() call in
yast2-pkg-bindings-2.17.0.

In the past it saved all known repositories and disabled them.

Due to bug #395738 (and similar #155459, #176013) we need to separate saving
and finishing the repositories. Another problem is that after
Pkg::SourceFinishAll() reloading was not possible - this was also fixed, the
sources are removed instead of disabling, so the next reload
(Pkg::SourceStartManager()) will be successful.

Great :) thanks! This means that a lot of possible issues during installation will vanish...

For YCP scripts that means that they should use Pkg::SourceSaveAll() when they
add a new repository. Pkg::SourceFinishAll() should be used when the module
finishes. (But all repositories are destroyed automatically in Pkg:: destructor,
so nothing wrong happens when it's missing.)

Which means Pkg::SourceFinishAll() stays just for backward compatibility or does it do anything else that makes it better for us to still call it, e.g., free some resources?

I have adapted and submitted all affected yast modules, just check your code
when you use Pkg::SourceFinishAll() if it is OK.

Thanks :)

Bye
L.