Re: [yast-devel] new YCP builtins
  • From: Lukas Ocilka <lukas.ocilka@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2008 20:59:49 +0200

Arvin Schnell napsal(a):
|> Hmm, and do you really see any possibility where *else* such a builtin
|> could be used? What are the use-cases?
|
| Appart from my use in storage you could split logfiles,
| e.g. split y2log at lines containing 'genericfrontend.cc ...
| Launched YaST2 component' to present the individual runs. Or
| maybe even split /var/log/messages in several hierarchy and
| display the result in a tree widget so it's easy to fold/unfold
| messages you don't care about.
|
| But I understand that the use-cases are limited.

So it might be used for debugging YaST logs. Is YCP the best way how to
read YaST logs? You might share such knowledge with us :)

|> * In conflict with the current /splitstring/ where the delimiter is
|> not included.
|
| I consider that to be a limitation of splitstring and I could
| improve splitlist to be compatible depending on a parameter.

Let's wait for others to comment. Adding new builtins is a good thing if
more developers find them useful. Otherwise it just adds unneeded
complexity to both core and YCP code and makes the code harder to read.

L.