Re: [yast-devel] little memory (96M)
  • From: Lukas Ocilka <lukas.ocilka@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 11:17:39 +0200
Martin Vidner wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to install RC1 on my old notebook. A change compared to
10.3 is that I get a kernel panic before linuxrc comes up.

http://en.opensuse.org/Installation_with_Little_Memory
says to use _tmpfs=0 which does help (although
http://en.opensuse.org/Linuxrc says _TmpFS is "No longer supported")

But as it says, the system is indeed extremely slow and little
memory is left. I am somehow disappointed because I was hoping that
the refactored zypp would actually free some memory. Are there any
other tricks I could try?

Well, (without using _tmpfs=0) I was unable to install with less than 128 MB. A kernel panic error as you've already written.

L.