[yast-devel] Branches for openSUSE-11.0 and SLE-10-SP3: coming soon
  • From: Martin Vidner <mvidner@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 12:20:31 +0200
Hi,

I plan to create branches in the yast and zypp repositores as soon
as RC1 is announced.

That will mean trunk will be open for 11.1 development. But do not
forget to apply 11.0 fixes both to trunk and the branch until 11.0
is released.

Here is the proposed text for the branch docs:

http://en.opensuse.org/YaST/Development/SVN_branches
Development Branches

openSUSE 11.1
Version: 2.17.*
Note: We use trunk for the development.

SLE 10 SP3
Version: 2.13.* (continues on the previous version line 2.13)
Important: Submit new features and fixes to trunk as well
Note: We use this branch for SLE 10 SP3 development

Maintenance Branches

openSUSE 11.0
Version: 2.16.*
Note: Only shipstoppers now, maintenance updates then.
They must be approved by FIXME

SLE 10 SP2
Version: 2.13.X.* ('x' means the last version before SLE-10-SP3 branch was
created)
Note: Every patch must be approved by hmuelle
Note: Do not forget to merge the fixes not only to the trunk but also to SP3.

--
Martin Vidner, YaST developer
http://en.opensuse.org/User:Mvidner