Re: [yast-devel] HAL vs hwinfo
  • From: Steffen Winterfeldt <snwint@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 12:20:05 +0200 (CEST)
On Fri, 23 May 2008, Michal Zugec wrote:

There was discussion if we can use HAL instead of (or together with) hwinfo.

I think we already had this discussion some years ago, as HAL satrted. :-)

As you can see some informations are missing in HAL :
- sysfs - driver, link status
- modaliases : available drivers

But maybe we can split hwinfo into HAL and sysfs agent and modaliases agent,
that should work. Steffent, would that works?

I don't think it makes sense to use _both_. If at all, add the missing
information to HAL (or probably rather to its successor-to-be, DeviceKit).

Steffen