[yast-devel] Let's make YaST more attractive
  • From: Katarina Machalkova <kmachalkova@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 11:32:36 +0200
Hi, yast hackers,

One of the action items of last YaST workshop was to make YaST look cool and
sexy so that it is more attractive to our users. We have already make a great
step towards achieving this goal, but we're somehow omitting two target
groups: 1. text-mode (ncurses) users and 2. female audience.

But our interface still lacks warm, soft, pastel colour shades that are so
appealing to many women, so they may feel uncomfortable using YaST.

This new default skin for xterm terminals tries to kill two birds with one
stone: http://en.opensuse.org/Image:Pink-yast.jpg

It gives entirely new look to text-mode interface and at the same time, is
makes it very attractive for girls and women. It will be part of
yast2-ncurses 2.16.21, that will come out of Factory very soon.
Enjoy!

frozenB.
--
\\\\\ Katarina Machalkova