Re: [yast-devel] Product plans
  • From: Jiri Srain <jsrain@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 16:13:29 +0200
Dne Monday 31 of March 2008 15:41:42 Klaus Kaempf napsal(a):
* Duncan Mac-Vicar P. <dmacvicar@xxxxxxx> [Mar 31. 2008 15:09]:
Benji Weber wrote:
Greetings All,

Currently in factory Product::name, Product::distversion etc all
return an empty string. Probably because there is no product
installed.

[...]

Well, products is the only open topic with respect of installed and
non-installed resolvables. Klaus, Michael, should we agree on something?

It is my understanding that we will follow the same path as with
patches:

- products are not 'installed'.
[their 'is_installed?' state is computed at runtime]
- products are solvables and come in a .solv file
- each product will have a distinct package (i.e. suse-release for the
distribution) which lists mandatory packages (as dependencies).
[this is required to enable 'rpm-only' software management]

Since we have to work also without any repository (and thus without any
product to be computed), we will need to adapt this part of YaST
functionality to get the product information from the related package.

Jiri

--
Regards,

Jiri Srain
YaST Team Leader
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o. e-mail: jsrain@xxxxxxx
Lihovarska 1060/12 tel: +420 284 028 959
190 00 Praha 9 fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic http://www.suse.cz
< Previous Next >