Re: [yast-devel] Product plans
  • From: "Duncan Mac-Vicar P." <dmacvicar@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 15:50:50 +0200
Klaus Kaempf wrote:
It is my understanding that we will follow the same path as with
patches:

- products are not 'installed'.
[their 'is_installed?' state is computed at runtime]
- products are solvables and come in a .solv file
- each product will have a distinct package (i.e. suse-release for the
distribution) which lists mandatory packages (as dependencies).
[this is required to enable 'rpm-only' software management]

Yes I am aware of that. Now I am trying to jump from layer 30 to layer 1
and figure out the implementation of the APIs benji pointed out.

This leaves us with one restriction, unless you have a installation url
as repo, you won't see any product (which makes sense).

In that case the implementation of installed products would be to look
all products (coming from the repo) and give the satisfied ones. is that
correct?

Duncan