Re: [yast-devel] Product plans
  • From: Klaus Kaempf <kkaempf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 15:41:42 +0200
* Duncan Mac-Vicar P. <dmacvicar@xxxxxxx> [Mar 31. 2008 15:09]:
Benji Weber wrote:
Greetings All,

Currently in factory Product::name, Product::distversion etc all
return an empty string. Probably because there is no product
installed.
[...]

Well, products is the only open topic with respect of installed and
non-installed resolvables. Klaus, Michael, should we agree on something?

It is my understanding that we will follow the same path as with
patches:

- products are not 'installed'.
[their 'is_installed?' state is computed at runtime]
- products are solvables and come in a .solv file
- each product will have a distinct package (i.e. suse-release for the
distribution) which lists mandatory packages (as dependencies).
[this is required to enable 'rpm-only' software management]

Klaus