Re: [yast-devel] Re: [zypp-devel] libzypp-4.6.1: Allow prioritizing repos.
  • From: Michael Andres <ma@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 16:38:23 +0100
On Thu, Mar 27, Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett wrote:

That's great, but ... ehm... what does it mean? I mean does it influence
the solver or downloading a package in commit?

It influences the solver. The solver will prefer packages from repos with
higher priority (which unfortunately is a lower number in yum-speak).

Michael <mls> should be able to provide the exact details. AFAIK
higher repo priority is prefered over version and arch.

Example situation:
repository X with priority 99 containing package foo-1.0
repository Y with priority 90 containing package foo-0.9
repository Z with priority 95 containing package foo-1.0
User selects foo for installation. Which package will be installed?

AFAIK packages will be considered in this order

a) package foo-0.9 (priority 90)
b) package foo-1.0 (priority 95)
c) package foo-1.0 (priority 99)

but architecture/vendor of any installed foo may have an influence.

And what users expect to happen when they change priority of a repository?
I don't think the solver is influenced yet.

No it works, and if something is wrong with it, it's missconfigured or a
solver bug :)

--

cu,
Michael Andres

Key fingerprint = 2DFA 5D73 18B1 E7EF A862 27AC 3FB8 9E3A 27C6 B0E4