Re: [yast-devel] Nuernberg YaST team - meeting 2008-03-25
  • From: Josef Reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 16:14:50 +0100
Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett wrote:

Nuernberg YaST team - meeting 2008-03-25

* locks

Because YaST does not save them back, there was a long discussion about how to save them.
Main ideas:
Provide a ZYpp api to save them (you can load /etc/locks now).
Main problem: apps need to save locks by package name/edition. If a user has a regexp on /etc/locks, and yast loads that (which locks several packages on the pool) then locks will be saved expanded when saved back tot he file.
possible solution: have different levels for locks so we can make a difference when saving them, right now we have application locks and user locks, and may be we can use that.

discussion about locks api is now on zypp-devel