[yast-devel] Nuernberg YaST team - meeting 2008-03-25
  • From: Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett <dmacvicar@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 11:31:44 +0100

Nuernberg YaST team - meeting 2008-03-25

* discussion about chosing some possible features to implement according to spare cycles:

- Special YaST IP4 address widget: problem to find widget supporting ipv6 support, needs more research
- YaST: show the dependency reasons in "Show automatic changes" window: this is hard, we have to find out what the solver provides now
- Remove left help window in ncurses UI: doable, WIzard.ycp see bnc #360350
- Package keywords filter: also need some support from solv querying
- Whole software management stack should warn about missing/oudated update source: this is required as we don't have in workflow registration.
- "Installation Sources" Filter Option "<In No Installation Source>": should be easy, but not important.
- System upgrade: keep packages with no replacement: schubi is taking care of it
- Implement AutoYaST-related functions (Read/Write/Import/Export) for Display/XGL settings: jdsn looking at it.
- Respect taboo settings: see next discussion

* locks

Because YaST does not save them back, there was a long discussion about how to save them.
Main ideas:
Provide a ZYpp api to save them (you can load /etc/locks now).
Main problem: apps need to save locks by package name/edition. If a user has a regexp on /etc/locks, and yast loads that (which locks several packages on the pool) then locks will be saved expanded when saved back tot he file.
possible solution: have different levels for locks so we can make a difference when saving them, right now we have application locks and user locks, and may be we can use that.