Re: [yast-devel] Purpose of Progress::OpenSuperior
  • From: Martin Vidner <mvidner@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 10:25:11 +0100
On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 02:01:04PM +0100, Jiri Srain wrote:
Hi!

What's the purpose of the Progress::OpenSuperior, Progress::CloseSuperior and
Progress::StepSuperior functions? I have not found them used anywhere in the
code (even the only links Google found were to the YaST documentation), and
their usability is now limited, since we do not have the help on the left...

Any objections to removing them?

The purpose is nesting the progress displays:
{Warning, you are now warping to the stone age...}
http://mailman.suse.de/mlarch/SuSE/yast2-hacker/2002/yast2-hacker.2002.04/msg00070.html

--
Martin Vidner, YaST developer
http://en.opensuse.org/User:Mvidner