Re: [yast-devel] Package-Bindings
  • From: Ricardo Cruz <rpmcruz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 20:14:39 +0000
Qui, 2008-03-20 às 19:41 +0100, Klaus Kaempf escreveu:

Stefan already mentioned it, the UI currently offers 'update all in
this list' - updating just an arbitrary set of packages.
This makes a lot of sense in the context of 'just updates from this
repo' or 'just updates from this vendor'.

So (probably post-openSUSE 11.0) we should think about a API to define
(resp. restrict to) a set of packages.

Yeah, in yast-gtk we use this container to pass selected packages
around, that provides an interface for such properties and actions. Its
like 20 lines of code on top of our Zypp wrapper.

You guys should just focus in simplifying the zypp API into a nice set
of primitives and let your users adapt them to their needs. And try to
make things modular; like having live pools, so that different parts of
the interface can keep track of package changes without much overhead.
Use integers or plain pointers as references, don't force us into
bridging your boost pointers to store them in C libraries.
And stop condensing the syntax into single lines of excruciating,
indecipherable code. Use your smarts to design things simply and
flexible.

Cheers,
Ricardo