Re: [yast-devel] Package-Bindings
  • From: Klaus Kaempf <kkaempf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 19:41:16 +0100
* Michael Andres <ma@xxxxxxx> [Mar 20. 2008 19:32]:

In the beginning Sat-solver was just able to 'compute ALL possible
updates': a complete distribution update.

Now there is a s well a request to compute the update for one
individual package, this is what Solvable::freshen() should do.

Actually, I believe that we need to cover the whole scale, from a
single package to all packages.

Stefan already mentioned it, the UI currently offers 'update all in
this list' - updating just an arbitrary set of packages.
This makes a lot of sense in the context of 'just updates from this
repo' or 'just updates from this vendor'.

So (probably post-openSUSE 11.0) we should think about a API to define
(resp. restrict to) a set of packages.

Klaus
---