Re: [yast-devel] Package-Bindings
  • From: Michael Andres <ma@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 19:32:26 +0100
On Thu, Mar 20, Lukas Ocilka wrote:

The point is, that the sat-solver provides just this functionality,
'compute all possible updates'. The result is 'solved', you won't get
any dependency conflicts.

Sat-solver also provides SOLVER_INSTALL_SOLVABLE_UPDATE to request
the update of one solvable (within the limits of the policies). I'm
thinking about using this to implement Solvable::freshen().

I'm sorry, without any offense, what does this mean in human speech?

I'm sorry. I missread 'compute all possible updates'.

In the beginning Sat-solver was just able to 'compute ALL possible
updates': a complete distribution update.

Now there is a s well a request to compute the update for one
individual package, this is what Solvable::freshen() should do.

But Klaus meant 'compute all POSSIBLE updates': the solver won't return
some solution that does not work. In that context my comment does not
make much sense.

--

cu,
Michael Andres

Key fingerprint = 2DFA 5D73 18B1 E7EF A862 27AC 3FB8 9E3A 27C6 B0E4