Re: [yast-devel] Package-Bindings
  • From: Lukas Ocilka <lukas.ocilka@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 14:52:26 +0100
Michael Andres napsal(a):
On Thu, Mar 20, Klaus Kaempf wrote:

* Lukas Ocilka <lukas.ocilka@xxxxxxx> [Mar 20. 2008 11:14]:
Everything (these) users want is to have the latest packages installed
on their systems.

Use case:
1.) Show all packages from PacKman
2.) Click "All Packages"
3.) Select "Upgrade all (if possible, of course)"
Now what's "if possible, of course" supposed to mean ?

The point is, that the sat-solver provides just this functionality,
'compute all possible updates'. The result is 'solved', you won't get
any dependency conflicts.

Sat-solver also provides SOLVER_INSTALL_SOLVABLE_UPDATE to request
the update of one solvable (within the limits of the policies). I'm
thinking about using this to implement Solvable::freshen().

I'm sorry, without any offense, what does this mean in human speech?

Thx
Lukas