Re: [yast-devel] extra-packages
  • From: Lukas Ocilka <lukas.ocilka@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 13:36:03 +0100
Klaus Kaempf napsal(a):
* Lukas Ocilka <lukas.ocilka@xxxxxxx> [Mar 19. 2008 15:56]:
'Recommends' fits only in case a minimal system will not select them by
default. In this case 'Suggests' sound better because we actually don't
need (and typically don't want) to have these packages installed by default.

Yes, if these packages are neither needed nor wanted by default, 'suggests'
is the right dependency.

I'm afraid there is one more problem with moving extra-packages to
something else.

I wanted to write a simple script that would get a package name and grep
the extra-packages file for its existence. After that all matching lines
should have been transformed to "Suggests: $package".

But finally I've found that some currently NOARCH packages use several
"#if defined(__$arch__)" in that extra-packages file. So moving the
content to "Suggests: $package" would mean transforming some NOARCH
packages to architecture-dependent just because of suggested packages :(

These packages are currently:
* yast2-installation (noarch)
* yast2-bootloader
* yast2-samba-client (noarch)
* yast2-fingerprint-reader
* yast2-kerberos-client (noarch)
* yast2-kdump

/Those NOARCH are marked (noarch)/

What do you think of changing them from NOARCH? Isn't there any better
solution?

Thx && Bye
Lukas