Re: [yast-devel] extra-packages
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 15:57:38 +0100
Am Mittwoch 19 März 2008 schrieb Klaus Kaempf:
* Johannes Meixner <jsmeix@xxxxxxx> [Mar 19. 2008 14:57]:
I.e. with "weak dependency" you actually only mean "Recommends"
but not "Suggests"?

I think "Recommends" is often too strong and "Suggests" is often
better.

'Suggests' is never evaluated by the dependency solver. Its purely for
consumption by the package management application (i.e. yast or
zypper) to present a list to the user like Amazons 'Customers Who
Bought This Item Also Bought'.

'Recommends' is probably the right choice if you want to ensure a
'reasonable' set of packages installed on a typical system.

But we don't. The feature behind this is that all yast modules are installed,
but only if you configure LDAP you also get all ldap services installed.

So recommending LDAP from yast2-ldap would imply that we also will not have
LDAP offering in second stage.

Greetings, Stephan