Re: [yast-devel] extra-packages
  • From: Klaus Kaempf <kkaempf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 15:50:58 +0100
* Johannes Meixner <jsmeix@xxxxxxx> [Mar 19. 2008 14:57]:

I.e. with "weak dependency" you actually only mean "Recommends"
but not "Suggests"?

I think "Recommends" is often too strong and "Suggests" is often
better.

'Suggests' is never evaluated by the dependency solver. Its purely for
consumption by the package management application (i.e. yast or
zypper) to present a list to the user like Amazons 'Customers Who
Bought This Item Also Bought'.

'Recommends' is probably the right choice if you want to ensure a
'reasonable' set of packages installed on a typical system.

Klaus
---