Re: [yast-devel] Package-Bindings
  • From: Ladislav Slezak <lslezak@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 14:38:58 +0100
Lukas Ocilka napsal(a):
Benji Weber napsal(a):
Greetings all,

I require the following functions in yast2 package bindings to fix bugs.

- Update package if and only if newer version available

This doesn't seem to be problem of Pkg-bindings but libzypp. Libzypp
automagically updates already installed packages even in the very same
version.

What parameters would you need here? Just the package name or exact version,
from any or from a specified repository...?

- Install package from a specific repository

I don't believe either exists as I can't see anything appropriate from
browsing the source. If either does exist please enlighten me, or I
will file enhancement requests.

Hmm, not yet, you can select a specific version but repository is up to
libzypp (probably during Commit).

That should be possible in libzypp, but it seems to be broken now (even if I
used Repository filter in the qt packager widget libzypp installed the package
from another repository, the bug might be in libzypp or in qt-pkg).

Pkg bindings have function

Pkg::ResolvableInstallArchVersion( string name, symbol kind, string arch, string
vers )

so it's possible to specify kind, version and arch, but not the repository.
I can create a new binding for that... What parameters do you need in addition
to package name?

What about Pkg::ResolvableInstallRepo( string name, symbol kind, integer repo )?

--

Best Regards

Ladislav Slez√°k
Yast Developer