Re: [yast-devel] extra-packages
  • From: Jiri Srain <jsrain@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 12:47:07 +0100
Dne Wednesday 19 of March 2008 11:34:49 Lukas Ocilka napsal(a):
Lukas Ocilka napsal(a):
Stephan Kulow napsal(a):
Am Mittwoch 19 März 2008 schrieb Lukas Ocilka:

Ah, hmm, on the other hand ... it seems I'm trying to solve something
else. The file extra-packages should be dropped and this list solved by
another RPM dependencies.

Let's wait for jsrain to write it :)

;-)

My idea is that every YaST module which (additionally) installs any packages
would have weak dependency on such package. This would have following
benefits:
- the package would be (by default) dragged in by the solver and user would
not be bothered with installation later
- the one who needs minimal installation is free to remove it
- the list would be with each package, hopefully more on the maintainer's eyes
(I know, I'm optimist :-) )

The question is whether we could generate the list of such packages any
automated way, ideally via similar check as (I hope) are done for strong
dependencies. Stephan?

However, the problem to update the list would persist. I can imagine some
script which would check most of the cases, but it would never be 100%.

Jiri

--
Regards,

Jiri Srain
YaST Team Leader
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o. e-mail: jsrain@xxxxxxx
Lihovarska 1060/12 tel: +420 284 028 959
190 00 Praha 9 fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic http://www.suse.cz
< Previous Next >