Re: [yast-devel] extra-packages
  • From: Stefan Hundhammer <sh@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 11:43:27 +0100
On Wednesday 19 March 2008 10:53, Lukas Ocilka wrote:
* We might enhance our `make package` to check whether packages defined
  in RPM 'Requires' exist. PDB commandline tool could do that ("but only
  for STABLE", said nadvornik+anosek). Of course, you need to be
  authenticated against iChain in PDB.

Please don't.

"make check" already does a lot more things that are healthy to do at this
point. If we add even more, it keeps failing, and YaST2 package maintainers
will be forced to use "make package-local" which bypasses almost all checks.

Plus, pdb-commandline and its authentication would make our development
environment even more fragile (there have been times when this didn't work
for me at all for a long time).

Checking for those dependency problems is a good thing. But this is something
that can and should be done with a separate tool every once in a while.

CU
--
Stefan Hundhammer <sh@xxxxxxx> Penguin by conviction.
YaST2 Development