Re: [yast-devel] extra-packages
  • From: Lukas Ocilka <lukas.ocilka@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 10:53:48 +0100
Stephan Kulow napsal(a):
Hi,

I'm afraid this file is completely unmaintained and
I'm too lazy^wbusy to file bug reports against every
single package - and what bothers me most: I guess tons
of dependencies are missing in that file.

It seems there are many dependency errors because of dropping or
removing packages.

How packagers check their packages dependencies? Packagers themselves
almost don't need to do such checking because they generate the
dependencies almost always automatically. From time to time, they said,
they get a mail from AJ with wrong dependencies to fix.

In my opinion, there are two quite easy ways how to improve the current
state:

* We might enhance our `make package` to check whether packages defined
in RPM 'Requires' exist. PDB commandline tool could do that ("but only
for STABLE", said nadvornik+anosek). Of course, you need to be
authenticated against iChain in PDB.
* We might cooperate with packagers and create a unified tool for
checking.

What do you think of that? Is there a better way than check against PDB?
Webpin?

Lukas