Re: [yast-devel] Integrating online-update related modules
  • From: Katarina Machalkova <kmachalkova@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 11:32:26 +0100
I'd be for merging those two but "Online update" should stay alone
(maximally there could be an option to run "Online update configuration"
and/or "Automatic online update" from there).

What about re-using lslezak's trick for running repository manager from
package manager and add 'Configure automatic online update' and 'Online
update configuration' as menu options to patch manager (online_update)?
(while keeping them as standalone module with two tabs, of course)

Btw, I'd be strongly for renaming the latter to 'Register | configure update
repository' because 'Online update configuration' is so generic term that it
doesn't really tell one what to expect of this module ...

Btw2, isn't now (as feature #302990 is being implemented - adding update
repositories from repository manager) 'Online update configuration'
aka 'Register | configure update repository' a little bit redundant?

B.
--
\\\\\ Katarina Machalkova
\\\\\\\__o YaST developer