Re: [yast-devel] Integrating online-update related modules
  • From: Stanislav Visnovsky <visnov@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 21:32:32 -0600
Dňa Friday 14 March 2008 06:35:09 Katarina Machalkova ste napísal:
(I'm starting new thread, even though this topic relates to pkg management
module integration as well, it's not exactly the same)

... and while we're at it, what about intergrating "Online update",
"Automatic online update" and "Online update configuration" into one module
as well?

Good point. Any idea how to do it?

Stano

Frankly, even /me as a yast developer can't tell out of my head, without
launching the modules, what they're good for and what exactly they do :) So
how can we expect our users will know?

And no, please don't say it's useless to do something with these modules,
because majority of the users use updater applets. According to yast
survey, it's just opposite - 55% use yast online_update, while
[kde/gnome]-updater holds only 20%

B.