Re: [yast-devel] pkg selection redesign - Was: Starting repo management...
  • From: Katarina Machalkova <kmachalkova@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 14:22:00 +0100
* Disk usage was dropped.

That's BAD. A zillion users complained about it when this didn't work for a
while during the libzypp migration. This is something many users want to
have.

I dare to disagree. I believe that users does not need to have a nice,
cool-looking bar graph of current disk space status in front of his/her eyes
all the time. It is a waste of screen space and there are quite some more
useful information that could be displayed instead - e.g. pattern
description.

What user really needs is to be notified when disk space is running out / has
already run out. And, if user wishes, (s)he can always go to the menu and
view current waste^Wusage of diskspace in a pop-up upon request.

In new ncurses pkg selector, there is no space for such graph to be visible by
default anyway, so I made 'Show available disk-space' just an entry
in 'Miscellaneous' menu. And, of course, a warning pops up each time the disk
space is running out.

B.
--
\\\\\ Katarina Machalkova