[yast-devel] Integrating online-update related modules
  • From: Katarina Machalkova <kmachalkova@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 13:35:09 +0100
(I'm starting new thread, even though this topic relates to pkg management
module integration as well, it's not exactly the same)

... and while we're at it, what about intergrating "Online update", "Automatic
online update" and "Online update configuration" into one module as well?

Frankly, even /me as a yast developer can't tell out of my head, without
launching the modules, what they're good for and what exactly they do :) So
how can we expect our users will know?

And no, please don't say it's useless to do something with these modules,
because majority of the users use updater applets. According to yast survey,
it's just opposite - 55% use yast online_update, while [kde/gnome]-updater
holds only 20%

B.
--
\\\\\ Katarina Machalkova