Re: [yast-devel] Starting repo management from the pkg manager
  • From: Ladislav Slezak <lslezak@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 12:27:39 +0100
Martin Schmidkunz wrote:
there is a FATE entry for this: 302517
I have added you as interested there.

Thanks!

[...]

I think, I perfectly reversed your pros and cons:
pro:
* integration of repo management

con:
* quite some coding effort (at least for the UI)

What do you think about that?

I think that a full integration is the right way to go. I just want to create a
step between the current state (no connection between the modules) and the
future (the full integration).

Full integration will take much time, it's definitely not for 11.0, this change
is simple and is doable for 11.0.

The question is whether my change is a good thing for 11.0 as a temporary
solution for the problem.

In my opinion yes, it definitely helps yast users.

Ladislav

--

Best Regards

Ladislav Slez√°k