[yast-devel] Nuernberg YaST team - meeting 2008-03-11
  • From: "Duncan Mac-Vicar P." <dmacvicar@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 15:20:00 +0100

Nuernberg YaST team - meeting 2008-03-11

* minutes will be public

. since today, we send our meeting logs directly to YaST public mailing list
. Francis will pick interesting stuff for the community and forward it
to other communication channels (thanks!)

* server

. we have a new server for internal development
. zypp cruise control running on virtual instance there now
. jdsn showed how to run virtual machines
. idea: how to keep a updated factory instance for use in testing
. ai jdsn: give it a better name or alias (golelet right now)

* repositories

. dmacvicar is maintaining the following repos:
ypp:svn YaST::SVN zypp:Backport YaST:Backport. At least for Backport repos
the whole factory stack compiles on 10.3 (95%)
. need help from the community here, making sure yast builds everywhere

* zypp update stack
. situation with pattern and patches very unclear, libzypp team
concentrating on independent problems waiting for more conclusions.

* new trainee
. Maximilian Maher (mmaher) is now in our team.

* ncurses
. our UI team in Nuernberg takes over the user interface part of ncurses
from kmachalkova, who keeps the package selector.

* storage
. storage stack is now maintained by aschnell