Re: [yast-devel] Getting Rid of 2nd Stage Installation
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 16:40:03 +0100
Am Montag 10 März 2008 schrieb Marcus Meissner:
On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 01:29:49PM +0100, Stephan Kulow wrote:
Am Montag 10 März 2008 schrieb Marcus Meissner:
On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 01:25:46PM +0100, Stephan Kulow wrote:
Am Montag 10 März 2008 schrieb Stefan Hundhammer:
But what about the rest of all users, which I estimate to be ~90%?

What do you think 90% of our users change in second stage?

Well, getting the Online Update Repository URL is what most of
them should get there at least ;)

You think they configure their WPA in yast to then do it again with
NetworkManager just to get the URL (we actually know from the start
as it's the same for everyone :)? I don't think so.

So, second question how about adding the generic URL for everyone?
You still have to kick the initial download of the updates. And if you do
a "registration" before the first update or not shouldn't matter. Getting
the repo from the net has the huge advantage that it adds flexibility in
case we find 11.0 to be too successful and we need 2 redirectors :)

Greetings, Stephan