Re: [yast-devel] Tiny URL for "People were very unhappy because I only wrote..."
  • From: Marco Michna <konichiwamonsta@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 21:57:27 +0100
Guten Abend,

Am Mittwoch, 5. März 2008 16:55:09 schrieb Lukas Ocilka:

I've just created a new Tiny URL for
http://en.opensuse.org/Bug_Reporting_FAQ#

People were very unhappy because I only wrote "see subject" in the

Bugzilla bug description - but my subject really explains it all! Isn't
it pure nitpicking to insist on bug reporters repeating that in the
description field?

It is http://tinyurl.com/24zvkc
I wish if it only was something easier to remember! :)

And why did I do that?
Well, I don't think that the long URL makes anybody happy :) and we use
it quite often in bugzilla :) ;)

And thats the wrong approach!

Most of the people do not like to "click" on a URL which does not tell what is
behind it. Even if you say that this
is "http://en.opensuse.org/Bug_Reporting_FAQ#"; they will refuse to use it if
you give them the tinyurl address.

In my opinion it would be the best way to give the full address
to "inexperienced" users.

Greetings,
Marco
--