[yast-devel] Agents compatibility (new) 'process' vs. (obsolete) 'background'
  • From: Lukas Ocilka <lukas.ocilka@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2008 14:16:59 +0100
Hi,

I've decided to follow suggestions in my y2log that made an
advertisement for the new 'process' agent. My first thoughts were just
to replace .background with .process and see what would happen ;)

It doesn't need to be emphasized much that this will probably not work
at all (hope dies last [but it still dies!]). If you use the
'background' agent, you will need to read at least this:
http://svn.opensuse.org/svn/yast/trunk/core/agent-process/conf/process.scr
more can be seen also here:
http://svn.opensuse.org/svn/yast/trunk/core/agent-process/doc/process.html

--- some examples ---
Execute(.process.start_shell, "command")
returns PID of the process "command" (if started)

Read(.process.running, process_PID)
returns whether the process with PID process_PID is still running

Execute(.process.start_shell, "command", $["C_locale":true, "tty":true,
"env":$["FOOVAR":"FOO"]])
similar to the first example but in a special environment