Re: [yast-devel] Why YAST is too VAST
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 20:42:11 -0600
On Thursday 14 February 2008 04:55:11 am Katarina Machalkova wrote:
Dne Thursday 14 February 2008 11:41:24 Andreas Jaeger napsal(a):
Just one caveat: Please keep non-GNOME/KDE systems in mind. On systems
with plain X or only a text console you want to reach everything and not
lose functionality that is currently duplicated with the desktop control
centers,

Well, if one does not want to waste disk space with installing GNOME/KDE
libs (s)he does not need for any other purpose and yet use X + some
lightweight WM (windowmaker, icewm), maybe we could adjust our scripts to
start graphical version of plain old text-mode menu, as you can see on
attached screenshot

And since we now support adding icons to various widgets, to beautify this
menu we could possibly append the smallest size icon to each of those
selection box items.
Just a thought ...

frozenB.

How much work is to create such version?
I would like to see how that works.

--
Regards, Rajko.
See http://en.opensuse.org/Portal