Re: [opensuse-ux] Re: [yast-devel] redesign of printer module redesign
  • From: Johannes Meixner <jsmeix@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 09:15:18 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

On Feb 11 12:34 Martin Schmidkunz wrote (shortened):
Klaus Kaempf wrote:
I changed that in:
http://en.opensuse.org/YaST/Development/Printer_Enhancement#Overview_3

Please don't mix icons with text information. Better find proper icons
for the different states.

The designing problem is, that there are four different states:
* enabled, rejecting
* disabled, accepting
* enabled, accepting
* disabled, rejecting

Please have also a look at my "experimental YaST printer module".
I change it continuously according to what is currently going on
(which does not mean that I implement everything exactly as the
last wishes are - it is still experimental ;-)

What about this text-only style:
http://en.opensuse.org/Image:Printer_jsmeix_overview_all.png

A simple "Ready" if all is o.k. and meaningful text otherwise.

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
AG Nuernberg, HRB 16746, GF: Markus Rex