Re: [yast-devel] printer module redesign
  • From: Klaus Kaempf <kkaempf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 08:55:16 +0100
* Martin Schmidkunz <mschmidkunz@xxxxxxx> [Feb 04. 2008 15:01]:

This is correct for the desktop user, but as the printer module should
also be included in SLES we need to consider larger, complexer
environments as well.

I think this is the core of the pain I feel with the current dialog
proposals.

We make hundreds of thousands of openSUSE (resp. Desktop) users suffer
just to please the minority of SLES admins (who'd be better off with a
decent command line interface anyway).

I do not think this is the direction to go.

Klaus
---