[yast-devel] Re: [opensuse-ux] printer module redesign
  • From: Lukas Ocilka <lukas.ocilka@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 15:23:45 +0100
Martin Schmidkunz napsal(a):
Hi everyone,

as some of you may know it is now almost a year since we first try to
think (again) about a redesign of the printer module.

And now we are ready to present you a first release candidate :-)
You find it on:
http://en.opensuse.org/YaST/Development/Printer_Enhancement#Release_Candidate_1
I am looking forward to your comments!

Hi,

Looks nice :)

... however I'm afraid some screens still need to be enhanced.
For instance this one:
http://en.opensuse.org/Image:Printer_mschmidkunz_overview_testpage.png

* There are five buttons in one row (needs the be checked whether they
fit into 80x25.
* Every button that opens a pop-up dialog should have "..." at the end
of the label. Aren't "Print Test Page" and "Remote Access" that case?
Hard to say.
* There are two different "Print Test Page" buttons (for two different
printer types), but they're on different places horizontally. Please,
unify them :)
* I have no clue what "Remote Access" means, what can I do there? Check
the printer remotely? Configure it remotely? What "access" means?
* Button "Print via Network" is that another type of "Test Page"?

The dialog is just a bit confusing if you don't know more. Help didn't
help me here :) Anyway, the meaning should be obvious even without help.

Bye
Lukas

--

Lukas Ocilka, YaST Developer (xn--luk-gla45d)
SUSE LINUX, s. r. o., Lihovarska 1060/12, Praha 9, Czech Republic