Re: [yast-devel] any inst_ldap-client?
  • From: Jiří Suchomel <jsuchome@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 14:16:02 +0100
On pá 1. února 2008, Jordi Massaguer Pla wrote:
Lukas,

we've already done that. We've removed the user step in the firstboot.

The problem is that, if we remove that step, the ldap client is never
called, as it is called from the user module (the inst_user module to be
right). The inst_user calls the ldap and then calls the add user.

What we are trying to remove is the call to the add user. We've done so
by patching the inst_user module, but I am sure it must be a better way
to do it, at least for the next time, as we are running out of time and
have found a solution for now.

So we thought, let's add the ldap modules at the control.xml ... but it
does not work as there is no inst_ldap module, or at least that is what
I understand. Is that right? There is no inst_ldap module? Should we
write an inst_ldap module that calls the ldap module instead? Is there
any other solution?

Yes, you can define your own firstboot sequence in firstboot.xml with such
inst_ldap module. There's currently no inst_ldap, so yes, you need to write
it and install it before the firstboot sequence is run. I think this is the
right solution.

Jiri

--
Jiri Suchomel

Lihovarská 1060/12 tel: +420 284 028 960