Re: [yast-devel] any inst_ldap-client?
  • From: Lukas Ocilka <lukas.ocilka@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 14:14:27 +0100
Jordi Massaguer Pla napsal(a):
Lukas,

we've already done that. We've removed the user step in the firstboot.

The problem is that, if we remove that step, the ldap client is never
called, as it is called from the user module (the inst_user module to be
right). The inst_user calls the ldap and then calls the add user.

What we are trying to remove is the call to the add user. We've done so
by patching the inst_user module, but I am sure it must be a better way
to do it, at least for the next time, as we are running out of time and
have found a solution for now.

So we thought, let's add the ldap modules at the control.xml ... but it
does not work as there is no inst_ldap module, or at least that is what
I understand. Is that right? There is no inst_ldap module? Should we
write an inst_ldap module that calls the ldap module instead? Is there
any other solution?

Yes, this is exactly what I wanted to advise you :)

Create a new ycp client that just handles in/out and calls the ldap
module inside:

See, e.g., this one /usr/share/YaST2/clients/inst_language.ycp
made by Jiri Suchomel:
{
import "GetInstArgs";

map args = GetInstArgs::argmap();

if (args["first_run"]:"yes" != "no")
args["first_run"] = "yes";

return WFM::CallFunction ("select_language", [args]);
}

Very simple and works as expected. Patching an existent client works but
could produce a lot of confusion when being tested and debugged.

L.