[yast-devel] sl 11.0: instsys & translations
  • From: Steffen Winterfeldt <snwint@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 16:32:57 +0100 (CET)
Hi,

for sl 11.0 we're splitting language dependent parts off the instsys and
about 70MB in sl 10.3 to currently about 55MB.

And, to save space on the media, the common parts of the instsys and rescue
system are moved into a separate image, too.

So, why am I telling all this? Beacause, in short, it means the instsys
consist now of several parts. And because I've just submitted a new
installation-images package that activates all those changes.

This means you find in the /boot/<arch>/ directory on the media a lot of
files like 'root.de', 'root.cs' etc. The important bit is the new 'config'
file there. It describes what image files linuxrc will load. If you are
testing installations and want to replace/add just some files to the
instsys, you can edit that config file and add another instsys part. This
might sometimes be easier than the old way of unpacking/repacking the
instsys.

I'm aware that Lukas has not yet completed (at least I think he has not)
support for this in yast. But linuxrc does support it. So everything should
be ok as long as you select the language at the boot loader/in linuxrc.

Steffen