Re: [yast-devel] selecting an additional pattern during installation
  • From: Lukas Ocilka <lukas.ocilka@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 18:59:22 -0500
Jordi Massaguer Pla napsal(a):
Hi all,

I've just created the page

http://en.opensuse.org/Select_additional_pattern

that explains a way of selecting an additional pattern during the
installation. This has been used in order to let the user select between
different installation modes, that were:

- client
- server
- standalone

when the user selects the client, the client pattern is selected; when
the user selects the server, the server one is selected; and the same
for the standalone. Then, this pattern is stored in
Packages::additional_pattern variable.

Your script inst_additional_pattern.ycp from
http://en.opensuse.org/Select_additional_pattern looks very similar to
this one:

http://svn.opensuse.org/svn/yast/trunk/pos-installation/src/clients/inst_slepos_server_selection.ycp

It is an added installation step that select additional patterns based
on a user's decision.

That script also doesn't need to modify the Packages.ycp module and also
works on a running system.

This way, we can use all-in-one DVD instead of having one DVD and three
addon CDs.

This module, that presents the options using a GUI, needs of a
modification on the module/Packages.ycp, so that it adds the previously
selected pattern (the one in Packages::additional_pattern (we added this
variable, too) ).

Which three Add-On CDs would you like to use?

Bye
Lukas

--

Lukas Ocilka, YaST Developer (xn--luk-gla45d)
SUSE LINUX, s. r. o., Lihovarska 1060/12, Praha 9, Czech Republic